Cruise San Diego Harbor on Triton Charters
A visit to America’s Finest City isn’t complete until you spend some time enjoying the San Diego Harbor. There is no better way to do that than aboard a luxury catamaran harbor cruise. Bring your family, your friends, your co-workers or come solo and experience the gorgeous San Diego Harbor views while listening to the fascinating history of The Big Bay.
You’ll get beautiful shots of the downtown San Diego Skyline and travel under the Coronado Bay Bridge in luxurious comfort. You’ll likely meet some of San Diego’s most beloved friends, the seals and sea lions who like to sunbathe on the docks. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two swimming alongside the Triton catamaran.
To keep you refreshed on our two-hour sightseeing sail, we offer an onboard bar serving soda, beer, wine and cocktails.
There really is no better way to experience the scenic beauty of San Diego than from the water. Relax, sunbathe, sightsee, learn, mingle and unwind with us on the Triton cat. We can’t wait to see you!
TAKE OUR 360° TOUR
As a Guest Aboard the Triton Harbor Cruise You’ll Be Treated to:
- A 2.5 hour tour of The Big Bay
- Luxury catamaran sailing without the expense of a private charter
- Open-air, spacious seating on a 75-ft luxury catamaran
- Onboard cocktails and beverages
- A full bar with seating
- Live music
- USCG Certified Captain and Crew
Notable Landmarks and Sites We’ll See
As you soak in the sun, we’ll sail past some of San Diego’s most spectacular coastal sites introducing (or reacquainting) you with the:
- USS Midway Aircraft Carrier – The USS Midway was commissioned one week after the end of World War II, was the largest ship in the world until 1955 and was the longest-serving aircraft carrier in the 20th century. The Midway was so large it could carry 120 planes on its armored flight deck and was the first aircraft carrier unable to cruise the Panama Canal due to its sheer size. While you are visiting San Diego, be sure to check out the USS Midway Museum to learn more about this iconic ship.
- Star of India – Star of India is the world’s oldest active sailing ship. She is an iron ship with a long and storied past that includes collisions, mutiny and cyclones. She worked as a cargo ship and then spent half a century bringing emigrants to New Zealand. You can tour the Star of India at the Maritime Museum of San Diego.
- North Island Military Base – Dubbed the official birthplace of aviation, the North Island Military Base is an active military base home to two aircraft carriers and 23 fixed and rotary wing squadrons.
- Cabrillo National Museum – The Cabrillo National Monument and museum mark the location where the first European set foot on the western US. There is a lot to take in at Cabrillo park including the Old Point Loma Lighthouse and the rocky intertidal zone.
- Hotel del Coronado – The Hotel Del is a historic beachfront luxury hotel situated in the city of Coronado, just over the bridge from downtown San Diego. It opened in 1888 as the largest resort hotel in the world and today is the second-largest wooden structure in the US. If you are visiting San Diego, it is definitely worth spending a couple of hours at The Del — grab lunch or stroll the pristine beach.
Who is This Harbor Cruise Right For?
- Families – Bring the kids, bring the grandparents! The Triton Catamaran offers an unforgettable experience for the whole family.
- San Diego Visitors – There is no better way to acquaint yourself with San Diego than from the sea. This is one experience you definitely don’t want to miss while you’re in town.
- San Diego Locals – Lived here all your life but still a little shaky on your San Diego history? Join us for a relaxing afternoon on the bay; we’ll catch you up.
- Groups – We love hosting groups and can cater to parties as large as 75. Learn more about our group chartering options here.
Why Choose a Catamaran Harbor Cruise?
If you’re looking for a San Diego harbor cruise, you have options; we aren’t going to pretend to be the only boat in the bay. But, if you have ever experienced a sail on a cat, you’ll know why we are a bit biased.
- Catamarans offer much more space than monohull boats making them the perfect choice for groups; on a catamaran there really is no bad seat.
- Catamarans also offer more stability with less rocking back and forth than monohull boats, which can help with sea sickness.
- Thanks to their shallow draft, catamarans can access areas of the bay too shallow for most boats.
Triton is the largest Catamaran in The Big Bay and one of the only options in San Diego if you want to experience a ride on a luxury cat, but don’t want to spend the extra money for a private charter.
The Triton Catamaran made her maiden voyage to San Diego in January 2020. She is a brand new, GC70, 75 ft Day Charter Catamaran that boasts:
- Capacity for 100 passengers (we typically limit this to 70 people so you can spread out and relax)
- A dance floor
- Full bar
- Large deck with outdoor seating
The Triton San Diego Harbor Cruise Itinerary
We’ll embark from 2700 Shelter Island Dr. San Diego, CA 92106 and make our way into San Diego Bay from America’s Cup Harbor. The Triton will then hoist it’s sails and sail toward Cabrillo National Monument, San Diego Naval Base, the Star of India, USS Midway, Coronado Bridge and back!
Harbor Cruise Dates and Times
We Sail Wednesday – Sunday Departures are 12:30pm and 4pm Each Harbor Cruise is 2.5 hours in duration. Too see our schedule, book here.
Tickets are $55 for adults and $15 for children.
Where to Park and What to Bring
Please click HERE for the map of where to park. For free parking, please park in the rear of the parking lot as there are no meters. We do not have assigned parking, so please be sure to come at least 30 minutes early.
Once parked, please use this LINK for walking directions. You must arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before your ticketed charter time. Please fill out your waivers and be prepared to present your waiver via QR code, and have your ID handy before you arrive!
Our Charter will not wait for anyone who is late and you will not receive a refund if you do not call before the charter departure informing us that you will not be arriving.
Looking for a More Intimate Option?
Our sister ship, The Malarky, is available for smaller charters of up to 12 people. The Malarky Catamaran is a luxury 47’ performance sailing catamaran that can be chartered for a few hours on the bay or for a multi-day trip. Whatever you decide, we’ll make sure The Malarky feels like your yacht and your crew. You can learn more about The Malarky here.
Triton Charters is definitely the largest catamaran yacht rental I’ve done in San Diego. Crew was super awesome and the Captain provided us with a smooth sail start to finish. Wonderful!
We were looking for a large boat rental in San Diego and found Triton Charters. We had almost 100 people and there was plenty of seating and space. We will be back!
Needed a party boat in san diego and came across Triton Charters from one of their facebook ads. We got a great deal and definitely will be back. Drinks were on-point and the bartender rocked!